what multi-monitor configuration most efficient???

Hello, I just got a second display for my workstation and am playing around with the displays. Are people commonly spanning the two screens and how exactly is it done. I can maximize the window but it doesn't exactly seem like the best solution for a seond monitor. Just looking to see what other people are doing.

Reply to
rkremser

Jeff Mirisola

I extend my desktop to the second monitor (primary 24" lcd - left side, secondary 19" lcd - right side) and I rotate my secondary by 90º and move my task bar vertical on the left side of secondary monitor. I use the second monitor for email, web stuff, word, excel, pdf's. I like it rotate because then I don't have to scroll as much. I experimented moving some SW toolbars and stuff over to the secondary but I found I was wasting a lot of time moving my mouse between monitors. I could never go back to one monitor.

ambush

Reply to
ambush

Ditto on Jeff and Ambush. Working with SW spanning two monitors is not usually worth it. I've only done that when I needed to see two SW docs side by side. For a single doc, I did't find it helpful. Moving toolbars and such to the second monitor has not been well supported by SW.

I also moved my taskbar to the side of the 2nd monitor (right side in my case). I added toolbars to it with links to common apps and docs. Also, task buttons don't get bunched up until there are literally dozens of them. With the taskbar on the side, you can actually see the name of the application, and the document that is open (depending on the width of the task bar). So, if you're shopping around and have 6 browsers open or something, you can see which is which.

Reply to
Dale Dunn