Custom Hyperlink in Drawing

Would anyone know how you could build a Hyperlink to be shown on a drawing that would link a custom field from a part eg: Part Number
98917625. The hyperlink would actually look like
m1:object:partexplorer:98917625 This would not be http: as this (m1:object:partexplorer:98917625) links to our ERP system. Cheers Damian
Dames wrote:

You mean you have a model attribute that you want to use in a link in a drawing? How about a simple macro that reads the model attribute and runs the needed command?
No. When i save as a PDF i need the drawing/part number on the drawing to be a hyperlink and link back to our ERP system Markku Lehtola wrote:

Dames wrote:

Ok, can your ERP open files like this:
..\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE c:\temp\file.txt
This works as on hyperlink in SW. Otherwise...quite difficult thing to do I guess, but I see that it would be very usefull.

Hi Damian,
How long have you been using M1 with Solidworks? We just purchased M1, and are very happy with it. I've been planning on integrating the two, especially with PDMWorks. Do you have any advice or recommendations on working with them together?
Thanks, Daniel
Dames wrote:

Hi Danial We have been using M1 for just on 12 months. We were using Redthorn before that. We dont have PDMWorks as we only have a small drawing office. What industry are you in adn where are you located. We are in the sheetmetal industry based in Melbourne Aus. Daniel wrote:

Damian,
We are in Maine in the US. We manufacture Metal Marking Equipment. If you ever get an answer to your question, please post it here. I'm really interested in making PDMWorks or SolidWorks work with M1. I'm going to take the M1 Customization Class in a couple months, and then work on integrating them together.
Thanks, Daniel www.numberall.com
Dames wrote:

There are a product, which can add Links in a PDF document: Autolink is a plug-in for Adobe and seach for defined text strings and add automatically links to these strings. http://www.actino.com/pluginsh_int/addendum_autolink_int.htm
There is also a function in Solidworks for adding a hyperlink (under tools), mabey someone can make a macro to automate this. Wim
"Dames" wrote: Would anyone know how you could build a Hyperlink to be shown on a drawing that would link a custom field from a part eg: Part Number 98917625. The hyperlink would actually look like