Custom Hyperlink in Drawing

Would anyone know how you could build a Hyperlink to be shown on a drawing that would link a custom field from a part eg: Part Number

98917625. The hyperlink would actually look like

m1:object:partexplorer:98917625 This would not be http: as this (m1:object:partexplorer:98917625) links to our ERP system. Cheers Damian

Reply to
Dames

You mean you have a model attribute that you want to use in a link in a drawing? How about a simple macro that reads the model attribute and runs the needed command?

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Reply to
Dames

Ok, can your ERP open files like this:

..\WINDOWS\NOTEPAD.EXE c:\temp\file.txt

This works as on hyperlink in SW. Otherwise...quite difficult thing to do I guess, but I see that it would be very usefull.

Reply to
Markku Lehtola

Hi Damian,

How long have you been using M1 with Solidworks? We just purchased M1, and are very happy with it. I've been planning on integrating the two, especially with PDMWorks. Do you have any advice or recommendations on working with them together?

Thanks, Daniel

Dames wrote:

Reply to
Daniel

Reply to
Dames

There are a product, which can add Links in a PDF document: Autolink is a plug-in for Adobe and seach for defined text strings and add automatically links to these strings.

There is also a function in Solidworks for adding a hyperlink (under tools), mabey someone can make a macro to automate this. Wim

"Dames" wrote: Would anyone know how you could build a Hyperlink to be shown on a drawing that would link a custom field from a part eg: Part Number

98917625. The hyperlink would actually look like

m1:object:partexplorer:98917625 This would not be http: as this (m1:object:partexplorer:98917625) links to our ERP system. Cheers Damian

Reply to
Wim

Damian,

We are in Maine in the US. We manufacture Metal Marking Equipment. If you ever get an answer to your question, please post it here. I'm really interested in making PDMWorks or SolidWorks work with M1. I'm going to take the M1 Customization Class in a couple months, and then work on integrating them together.

Thanks, Daniel

Dames wrote:

Reply to
Daniel