Monitor needed

This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash. This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash. This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash.
This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash. This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash. This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash. This group needs a monitor to eliminate the trash.
Add pictures here
βœ–

[repeated six times]
The trash is mainly on and from Google Groups.
Get a real newsreader, and a real news provider, and learn to use a killfile.
--
Doug Wickstrφm

Add pictures here
βœ–

Any recommendations?
Add pictures here
βœ–

Agent by Forte, Inc - Free version available or small charge for full version.
http://www.forteinc.com -- Ray
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 07/07/2011 3:33 PM, Ray Haddad wrote:

Free trials only. The free version is orphanware, available for example at: http://forte-free-agent.softwareandgames.com /
This is the version I tried and dumped because of its interface, didn't suit me. Haven't tried newer versions.
Wolf K.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 07/07/2011 6:59 PM, Wolf K wrote:

Just tired the trial version, still don't like it. YMMV, if you're willing to learn its interface.
Wolf K.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 11:52:40 -0700, None wrote:

Try Pan - runs on both Windoze and Linux:
http://pan.rebelbase.com /

βœ–
On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 11:52:40 -0700, None wrote:

Try Pan - runs on both Windoze and Linux:
http://pan.rebelbase.com /

βœ–
On 8/07/2011 04:52, None wrote:

Mozilla Thunderbird is great for both newsreading and ordinary email.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 07/07/2011 10:13 PM, a_a_a wrote:

Agreed, I like it, but then I don't often encounter yEnc (which TB does not handle reliably) or split posts (which it doesn't handle at all.) Those glitches are issues for some people.
Wolf K.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 7/8/2011 7:47 AM, Wolf K wrote:

Same here; Thunderbird and its cousin Firefox have been the preferred e-mail/newsgroup reader and browser for many years. And the Adblock Plus extension to Firefox works incredibly well for eliminating nearly all of the annoying ads that infest most web pages. Since AT&T dropped newsgroup access (the Bastards!) I have been using free newsgroup access through eternal-september.org very satisfactorily. They do NOT do binaries, only text groups, but that's all I need.
--

Rick Jones
Remove the Extra Dot to e-mail me
On 8/07/2011 22:47, Wolf K wrote:

Never encountered any such people (or posts).
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 08/07/2011 9:14 PM, a_a_a wrote:

Most of the denizens of "clean" binary NGs (ie, pictures cars, gardens, etc) prefer MIME or uUencoded posts, and frowns on splits, especially when part 2 is a small fraction of part 1. yEnc causes heightened blood pressure in some of the denizens.
Ciao, wolf K.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I use XNEWS. It's free and the only problem I ever had with it was when a friend using my system and Xnews tried to open the alt.boneless group.
Everything else binaries, multi=part, Yenc all do fine.
There is even a newsgroup devoted to Xnews, so there is a fairly substantial base of users who have answered any questions I've had.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 05:02:05 -0700, abjb wrote:

Posted from Costa Rica? Is school out there as well?

βœ–
On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 05:02:05 -0700, abjb wrote:

Posted from Costa Rica? Is school out there as well?

βœ–
I use Trains.com forums. Far better than this forum has ever been. Some years ago there where garbage mouths who controlled the forum so I found about twenty other model train/DCC forums that are considerably better.
Google Groups are where the Internet wll get a Colonoscopy to clean them out.
Add pictures here
βœ–

how to do this
Add pictures here
βœ–

The ONLY way to do that is switch the group to a moderated one, and find someone who WILL be the moderator.
The process requires group users (AND others) to vote for that.
Most moderated groups have failed in the past few years because it's a time-consuming, and THANKLESS job!
MUCH easier is for the whiners to just move on, and the smart users get a clean feed, and learn how to use filters.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Other than using filters and common sense to strain out the spammers and fruitloops, you can't. (Usenet newsgroups are pretty much Freedom Hall, where you're free to spit on the mat and call the cat a bastard if you so desire.)
The good part of this is that you don't have someone else -who may very well have his own agenda- deciding what you're allowed to say here and what you aren't.
The bad part is that those rules (or lack of same) attract spammers and fruitloops who have *thier* own agendas and who want to either sell you something or convince you to become a character actor in their own private psychodrama.
In short, it's freedom boiled right down to it's essentials: the fact that *you* are completely free here means that everyone else is too. For better or worse.
~Pete
Add pictures here
βœ–