Stepper motor controller on Ebay

Hi All,

Just in case you ever need a really simple programmable stepper motor controller for bipolar stepper motors, the following Ebay item may well be worth a look;

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect

I presume you are the seller?

Hmmm. 600 ma at 15 volts, and full step only, isn't going to automate anything terribly big - way too small even for the little desktop mills (Taig, Sherline, etc). What do you see as the target application for these controllers?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Yes, if it's off topic then I wholeheartedly apologise.

If you need microstepping modes then I can send you details of my ESMC-02. It's a much more comprehensive controller which uses the remarkable A3967SLB. Although production isn't until early 2005.

isn't going to automate

Windows, curtains, models, iris, robots, you'd be surprised how useful (and powerful) small stepper motors can be. The accuracy with ease-of-use and low price makes them ideal for hobbyists and people who just want to experiment with stepper motors. Connect a small motor (say an Astrosyn E2030) and try to stop the shaft from spinning when running at a low speed, it's surprisingly difficult.

Thanks for your interest. Pete

Reply to
DesignElect

Well ask a salesman what he's selling and you get what you asked for!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Hi All,

Following an earlier thread about stepper motor controllers;

A more flexible one is now available!!

Selectable microstepping, an easy to use switch input programmable mode and an interface with STEP, DIRECTION, ENABLE and SLEEP inputs. 7.5 to 30V and 750mA. (Adjustable motor current too)

Have a look on Ebay at the above item (number 3862433196 if the link doesn't work). Perfect for automation projects, imagination is the key!

Thanks,

Pete

Reply to
DesignElect