robotics

I'm a fourth year technology design student in belfast and i wish to build a simple robotic arm that will be controlled by PIC for my industrial project.

I was wondering if anyone had any designs for such a project? The robotic arm can use solenoids, pneumatics etc..... It doesn't have to be very complicated!!Anything of use will be of great help as i have a very limited experience in this area!

Thanks

Reply to
jonathan willis

You could use RC servos to control your robotic arm. These are available cheaply and are easy to mount and control. There is some free software available to simultaneously control several of these servos using a PIC at

You could modify this software to record and playback arm motion (maybe record the start point of the arm, move the arm, record the new position, move, record, move, record, then play back at full speed).

Regards Sergio Masci

- optimising structured PIC BASIC compiler

Reply to
Sergio Masci

you could blatantly copy

. R/C servos are a great way to start, for low mass situations.

Reply to
Blueeyedpop