Parallel Dongle through USB port

Hi,

I have been using a legitimate copy of Cosmos Design/Star / CosmosM on a desktop using the standard printer port dongle and validate.cos license file. I'm trying to run Cosmos on a new laptop with no parallel port. I've purchased a usb to parallel adapter, however, the device does not appear in the device driver as an LPT device but as a usb-print device. I know that they make a usb key that can be purchased, but I'd like to try and make it work with what I have.

If anyone knows how to configure validate.cos to detect the parallel dongle through the usb port, please help me.

Reply to
mjhill

Did you ever find a solution to this - I want to use my parrallel dongle occasionally on a machine that does not have a parrallel port.

Regards

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs