USB to Parallel port adapter help

Hi, I'm trying to control certain commands through a parallel port. However, since my laptop doesn't have a parallel port function, Is it
possible for me to use a USB to Parallel port adapter to relay custom commands? Thanks

Yes AFAIK so long as you use your parallel port with the standard IEEE 1284 protocal that a usb-parallel adaptor would support.
Brendan Gillatt www.brendangillatt.co.uk GPG: 0x6E265E61
Sudzzz wrote:

What does "custom commands" mean to you.
If you mean can you control the data port seperate from the control port, the answer is no.
Unless the USB driver has direct control of those bits, you won't either.
donald
Sudzzz wrote:

sounds like you would be better off with a device designed to control I/O from a USB port, see: http://www.dontronics-shop.com/home.php?cat13
Don...