control the servo vs control the speed controller

Hi Is it control the speed controller is same as control the servo? I am planning to buy a serial-port-to-servo controller, and use it to control the speed controller. thanks from Peter( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)

Reply to
cmk128

--Works for me, but be aware that you won't get feedback from the motor you're driving, so there may be some tendency of the motor to coast after signals to move it have stopped.

Reply to
steamer

That depends on what interface your speed controller supports. It must support the hobby servo signal interface. Check the documentation that came with your speed controller.

BRW

Reply to
BRW