control the servo vs control the speed controller

Hi Is it control the speed controller is same as control the servo? I am planning to buy a serial-port-to-servo controller, and use it to
control the speed controller. thanks from Peter( snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com)
    --Works for me, but be aware that you won't get feedback from the motor you're driving, so there may be some tendency of the motor to coast after signals to move it have stopped.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : I still miss
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : rock and roll...
On May 16, 2:20 am, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That depends on what interface your speed controller supports. It must support the hobby servo signal interface. Check the documentation that came with your speed controller.
BRW