USB Interface? Parallel, Breadboard etc??

I'm going to have to stop using the parallel port soon... sigh....
Anyone seen a reasonable-cost USB interface to some parallel bits, or a
USB to Breadboard kind of system/kit?? Thanks!
I want kids to work out some interfacing stuff before using a micro...
--
Regards, Terry King ...On the Mediterranean in Carthage
snipped-for-privacy@terryking.us
Terry King wrote:

Have a look at the USB gear at: http://www.dontronics.com/cat_index_hard.html lots of different gear there.
Don...