Transmitter Interface

Can anyone tell me if you can modify the Real Flight transmitter interface that comes with the NexStar and the Futuba 4 channel radio to use with FMS?
If so, can someone supply me with the wiring diagram to do this. I'm getting tired of using the joystick...it just doesn't feel right. TIA
Darren
| Can anyone tell me if you can modify the Real Flight transmitter interface | that comes with the NexStar and the Futuba 4 channel radio to use with FMS? | If so, can someone supply me with the wiring diagram to do this. I'm | getting tired of using the joystick...it just doesn't feel right. TIA
I have RFG2, originally having the joystick interface controller, and then I got the upgrade with the USB interface. The USB interface controller is still seen by XP as a joystick and is useable as a joystick by other programs.
So FMS should be able to use it as a joystick with no modifications to either FMS or the controller.
Now, if your controller is the parallel port variety, then what will be needed is a device driver that makes that look like a joystick, rather than any sort of physical modification to the device itself. I think I saw a page where somebody sold one, but can't find it now.
--
Doug McLaren, snipped-for-privacy@frenzy.com There's no need to fear, UNDERDOG is here!

I have tried it and my G2 interface works well with FMS
David
Doug McLaren wrote:

--
If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

What I did was get one of those $10 ps2 (as in PlayStation 2) type USB PC controllers from best buy. The kind with the two analog thumb controlled joysticks on them. It doesn't have trim or throttle detents but it does offer a large degree of skill transfer to my real transmitters. And not having trim isn't all bad, you have to just have fly it the whole time. And yes, I use it with FMS. My transmitters can stay plugged into the car charger.

FMS?