frame for fractional horsepower motor

I'm reading a book that explains how to build a frame for a particular NEMA 48 motor. I like to do a lot of peripheral reading when I encounter something specific like that. If you know of books I can read which specialize in the following topics, please let me know: (1) Designing metal frames in a shop for various purposes, with a chapter on building motor frames. It should also explain things like how one uses and installs rivets and with what equipment. (2) A book on fractional horsepower motors, including NEMA classifications, and how to use them and how to select one for a particular purpose.

Ignorantly, Allan Adler snipped-for-privacy@zurich.ai.mit.edu

  • *
  • Disclaimer: I am a guest and *not* a member of the MIT Artificial *
  • Intelligence Lab. My actions and comments do not reflect *
  • in any way on MIT. Moreover, I am nowhere near the Boston *
  • metropolitan area. *
  • *
Allan Adler

[...]

classifications,

gets you a couple hundred hits. Probably enough to turn into a winter project.

Even

gets you 50 or so.

HTH, Fred Klingener

Reply to