Video cameras

I was just able to salvage a couple of nice video cameras that were used for recording to a vcr.
Do you guys know of any web sites that deal with getting the video from
these onto a computer, so I can play with stereo vision?
I'd like to build the interface myself, so that I have some control over how it works and I don't have a budget to work with, so it needs to be simple to start with.
Eljin
Eljin wrote:

used
from
over
be
So you essentially want to build your own frame grabber??
http://www.techmind.org/vd/vidmk2.html
JGCASEY wrote:

Yeah I realized that after I posted. I've seen the one for the parallel port before. Are there any for USB, that I can build that is?
Eljin
Eljin wrote:

http://www.eix.co.uk/Ethernet/USB /
Of course you don't need a frame grabber to "play with stereo vision". For my efforts I simply put a web cam on a slide to take two images to experiment with.
John
JGCASEY wrote:

Google problems meant to post this,
Although not exactly what you want it says it can be used as a basis for connecting a frame grabber,
"This can also form the basis of a simple USB video frame grabber."
http://www.eix.co.uk/Ethernet/USB /
There are other sites about using the USB,
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/tech.html
All beyond me I am afraid :)