Video cameras

I was just able to salvage a couple of nice video cameras that were used for recording to a vcr.

Do you guys know of any web sites that deal with getting the video from these onto a computer, so I can play with stereo vision?

I'd like to build the interface myself, so that I have some control over how it works and I don't have a budget to work with, so it needs to be simple to start with.

Eljin

Reply to
Eljin

So you essentially want to build your own frame grabber??

JGCASEY

Yeah I realized that after I posted. I've seen the one for the parallel port before. Are there any for USB, that I can build that is?

Eljin

Reply to
Eljin

Of course you don't need a frame grabber to "play with stereo vision". For my efforts I simply put a web cam on a slide to take two images to experiment with.

John

Reply to
JGCASEY

Google problems meant to post this,

Although not exactly what you want it says it can be used as a basis for connecting a frame grabber,

"This can also form the basis of a simple USB video frame grabber."

There are other sites about using the USB,

All beyond me I am afraid :)

Reply to
JGCASEY