OT- Wireless Video Cameras?

I live out of town and am interested in wireless video cameras for a couple of different purposes. One is to monitor the carport area for thiefs, varmints, or to see who's at the door, this camera wouldn't have to be wireless because it will be close to my network connection. I have a pond and always see deer foot prints around it and would like to see the deer, when they come around, etc. I thought a wireless camera with night vision might be a lot more fun than a game camera snapping pictures. I would like both cameras to be able to record when motion is detected.

Anyone know if the low $ web cams work with software that will record to the hard drive when motion is detected?

Other than that I'm trying to figure out if I should get some of the cheap non-pc wireless cameras and connect the video signal to my PC with an interface (Dazzle?), or get wireless network cameras. I have gotten a lot of good information from this newsgroup before, there is an amazing amount of talent here, so I thought I would ask about video cameras here.

Thanks!

Roger N

Reply to
Roger_N

I bought a wireless video system a few months ago for 80 bucks. The receiver is four-channel so you can buy more cameras. Many TVs these days have AV inputs that will display the video from the receiver. If you have any small portables with AV inputs, use one for this application. In a little over a year these TVs will not be of any other use 'cause the broadcasts go digital.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota