Wireless cameras

Hi All,

I building a remotely RF controlled robot for the purpose of remote video surveillance. I need a small miniature wireless camera. I wanted opinions on what cameras to use from others who have done this. It's got to be fairly small, something that could fit on a BOE bot sized bot or a little larger. I've been looking at these:

(beware popups)

Thanks for any advice.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

In my opinion, the X10 cameras provide a picture of substandard quality, but the price is right.

There is no problem getting small -- even smaller than the X10. The problem is cost. What is your budget? You might try looking at Super Circuits

for a wider variety of miniature cameras and Ghz transmitters. Expect to pay $200-250 or so for something half-way decent. Most of the cost is in the transmitter/receiver pair.

-- Gord> I building a remotely RF controlled robot for the purpose of remote video

Reply to
Gordon McComb

Hi Gordon,

The budget is about $100 for the camera, not too much. I'm more concerned with reliability and transmission distance than picture quality. Also the smaller and lighter the better, I'm not too sure what kind of options I've got (if any) in that price range. I'll check out supercircuits. Thanks.

-Dave

Reply to
Dave

what about cmucam + a rf txer or one of the high power bluetooth = modules(100m range)

have you seen the article rf made simple in this months circuitcellar = mag ?

another thing is

have a look at=20

Alex Gibson

Kit $99. I've purchased a set of these. Work very well inside. Don't handle outside daylight at all. Already done a "dog cam" with it, mobile on my wife's pet. Planning to add a "crash cam" on my MiniSumo.

This is the smallest self contained camera and transmitter I've seen. Over all, I've been very pleased. Good to very good (not great) image quality. If they only had a video out as well as 2.4GHz RF out, I'd say it was the perfect robot eye. But they don't. So don't expect to do on board processing.

Reply to
Randy M. Dumse

Below are some links that might be of interest if you want to use the X10 cams. Do note that X10 is in a legal bind right now and may be slashing some prices.

Si Ballenger

Thanks Si for the great links!!

-Dave

Reply to