Wireless cameras

Hi All,
I building a remotely RF controlled robot for the purpose of remote video surveillance. I need a small miniature wireless camera. I wanted opinions on
what cameras to use from others who have done this. It's got to be fairly small, something that could fit on a BOE bot sized bot or a little larger. I've been looking at these:
http://www.x10.com
(beware popups)
Thanks for any advice.
-Dave
In my opinion, the X10 cameras provide a picture of substandard quality, but the price is right.
There is no problem getting small -- even smaller than the X10. The problem is cost. What is your budget? You might try looking at Super Circuits (www.supercircuits.com) for a wider variety of miniature cameras and Ghz transmitters. Expect to pay $200-250 or so for something half-way decent. Most of the cost is in the transmitter/receiver pair.
-- Gordon Author: Constructing Robot Bases (Forthcoming) Robot Builder's Sourcebook, Robot Builder's Bonanza
Dave wrote:

Hi Gordon,
The budget is about $100 for the camera, not too much. I'm more concerned with reliability and transmission distance than picture quality. Also the smaller and lighter the better, I'm not too sure what kind of options I've got (if any) in that price range. I'll check out supercircuits. Thanks.
-Dave

video
opinions on

fairly
larger.
"Dave" <blank> wrote in message

what about cmucam + a rf txer or one of the high power bluetooth modules(100m range)
http://www.acroname.com/robotics/parts/R140-CMUCAM-KIT.html
have you seen the article rf made simple in this months circuitcellar mag ?
another thing is http://www.lynxmotion.com/rph1.htm also have a look at http://www.ramseyelectronics.com/hk/default.asp?page=Cameras/Transmitters
"Dave" <blank> wrote in message

http://www.xoomdigital.com/a51/?ridg&acode=&code=xddmp904&publisher=&transid Kit $99. I've purchased a set of these. Work very well inside. Don't handle outside daylight at all. Already done a "dog cam" with it, mobile on my wife's pet. Planning to add a "crash cam" on my MiniSumo.
This is the smallest self contained camera and transmitter I've seen. Over all, I've been very pleased. Good to very good (not great) image quality. If they only had a video out as well as 2.4GHz RF out, I'd say it was the perfect robot eye. But they don't. So don't expect to do on board processing.
--
Randy M. Dumse
www.newmicros.com
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 00:24:13 -0400, "Dave" <blank> wrote:

Below are some links that might be of interest if you want to use the X10 cams. Do note that X10 is in a legal bind right now and may be slashing some prices.
http://www.dph.com/vidroc/Vidroc_tech.htm http://www.rc-cam.com/rc-cam4.htm http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html http://www.gladwyne.com/Antennas /
Thanks Si for the great links!!
-Dave

I've