Forging video

Hi guys,

I just posted my first video to youtube. It is my employee Ash and I forging a hole in a 1-1/2" X 1" bar. It shows Ashen's ability with the sledge hammer and our comfort level working together. It is taken from my marketing video on my web site which for some reason no one ever watches. Anyway, I rarely see myself forge so it is a treat for me and I hope you guys like it. I have more bits from the video that I will be pulling out and putting on youtube. Let me know what you think.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Molinaro

Hi Andrew,

Well I liked the video... a lot.

I have one criticism... there's no link to your web site, either here or on YouTube.

Regards Charles P.S. It would be cool to have a striker available... my arms are gett> Hi guys,

Reply to
Chilla

I thought I posted this reply... ah well.

Hi Andrew,

I really liked the video... a lot.

I have only one criticism, there is no link to your web site either here or on YouTube.

Regards Charles P.S. It would be nice to have a striker handy, my arms are gett> Hi guys,

Reply to
Chilla

Yeah, it's cool. :)

Just yesterday was at a remote site that I've been wanting to go check out for over 30 years, "the marble quarry" that shut down operations in 1913. Blacksmith forged and welded iron parts are everywhere and interesting as anything. Many were failed pieces that was fun to speculate on too.

Didn't see anything that looked like "wrought iron" tho.

Several years after it was closed down, once they decided not to reopen, they sold most of it off for scrap iron.

The blacksmith's shed was converted to a chicken house by the remaining "caretakers". ;)

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj