Looking for USB Oscilloscope

Looking for any recommendations - would like to keep it ~$200 or less.
Thanks Daryl

I've not used this, but here is one by Parallax for $129. You can purchase it from;
http://www.hobbyengineering.com in California. (I'm sure other dealers are available as well).

The Parallax USB 'scope is affordable but its bandwidth is only 200 KHz (that's KHz, not MHz). OK for a classroom demo, maybe.
Link Instruments has one with a 60 MHz bandwidth at 100 Msa/sec that's US$525 to $725 depending on options. http://www.linkinstruments.com/oscilloscope21.htm I haven't used it but I do have one of their (older) PC-based logic analyzers that I've been happy with.
There's also the good ol' BItscope http://www.bitscope.com that has a 100 MHz bandwidth and sampling rates up to 40 MSa/sec. US$300 and up.
--
Rich Webb Norfolk, VA

daryl wilde wrote:

These may be a little more than your budget. Have a look at two new ones at: http://www.dontronics.com/stingray.html http://www.dontronics.com/swordfish.html
Don...
--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
Don McKenzie wrote:

These are actually designed and manufactured by usb-instruments.com. It should be noted that these will only work with Windows. I've contacted them about supporting other platforms and they're vehemently opposed to anything other than Windows. For most that's probably not a problem, but if you want an open platform with more bandwidth and support for Linux, than I recommend the Bitscope (bitscope.com).
Chris S. wrote:

Spoke too soon. It seems their newest scopes do have have Linux drivers "on request".
Chris S. wrote:

They are actually the same company that puts out the Easysync USB to RS-232/485 etc,. converters, which just happens to also be the same company that designed and distributes the FTDI chips that are so popular right now.
Don...
--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page: http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics
daryl wilde wrote:

You might also want to take a look at the BitScope product line:
<http://www.bitscope.com/
-Wayne
Thanks all for the suggestions - Parallax looks to be only one in the budget - will look closer.
Daryl

daryl wilde wrote:

Let us know if it is any good if you do buy it. I'm also looking to get a cheap oscilloscope.
Cheers
Matthew

I have a two-channel Velleman DSO box similar to this single-channel:
http://www.vellemanusa.com/common/product.Aspx?lan&id51206
Mine's in the same size box, powered by a wallwart, connnects to a PC's parallel port. Sorry, not USB - if your computer doesn't have the venerable parallel port, you could get an older one to use with a box like this. This has "decent" specs, something like 30 or 60MSPS. I've got an old 100MHz pentium system dedicated to this box. Controlling the trigger, sweep speed, vertical gain, etc is all done with the mouse on the screen. I paid something like $200 or $300 (I forget) for it about four or five years ago, but I don't see anything similar now. I suppose the big market for PC-based DSO's is for more expensive, higher end systems.

----- http://mindspring.com/~benbradley