Sanding blocks-

I need to get a couple of sanding blocks that permit relatively quick changing of the paper. Years ago I bought a couple of the Standard Brands sheet metal ones, but haven't seen them or any good ones for sale in years. Anybody know anywhere I can get some that will:

  1. Clamp the paper tight
  2. have a hard backing surface- metal or hard plastic is best
  3. Use a quarter sheet of standard sandpaper; (waste = bad juju)

What do you guys use? your pal, Pauly

Reply to
Paul Ryan
Loading thread data ...

I use 1X2 and 1x4 Lumber as long as a sheet of sand paper and I spray adhesive it to the wood(3M77). When it's time to change I hit it with the heat gun I use for Monocote and it peels right off, slap on another. That's relatively quick compared to some longer tactic that I can't think of at the moment. :) mk

Reply to
Storm's Hamburgers

Tower Hobbies:

formatting link
in assorted lengths and assorted grit.

Good luck,


Reply to
Don and Marion


formatting link

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yep, similar here, but I use aluminum extrusions (T shaped) I get at the local metal supply yard. On some, I glue on a thin sheet of rubber with contact cement then 77 the paper to the rubber. I dont' even use the heat gun to remove the paper, just gotta peel slowly.

Reply to
The OTHER Kevin in San Diego

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.