ST G-2300 and tuned Pipe??

Hi all...

finally got the BIG trainer ( 98"X18" wing, fuse total length is from spinner tip to rudder end 78") built and the motor mounted. Did a break in on the motor and it runs wonderfully, smooth idle , nice transition to mid range, and excellent to full throttle. I put an 18X5 prop on it for giggles and it will float the fuselage at 3/4 throttle... full throttle it will go vertical, mind you now this was without wings...

anyway... with wings the plane weighs 19 lbs fully loaded ( ooops missed my planned weight by 5 lbs) ... sooo once I put the wing on I dont think it will float or go vertical anymore... not with the present setup anyway...

so my idea is to go to a 20X5 or an 18x8 prop and add a tuned pipe for those important power needs... like take off and pulling out of a stall... :)

My question is:

what pipe ( tuned) would be good for the ST G-2300... or can the motor even handle a tuned pipe?

the wifey wont understand the purchase of the ST G-4500..... altho I dont understand why she needs more shoes either...

patiently awaiting your responces

Scot D

Reply to
BunnyKiller