wing leading edge question

I have done that in the past and it is a good way to test all sorts of neat things. Asymetric stall strips and other wild sorts of things like flat LE's. Yes, the sharper the LE the more vicious the break when the wing stalls. The problem is you have to have a high speed wing to recognize what you are looking at, OR be very slow at altitude with a good deal of nose weight. It normally takes about 3 different shapes before you begin to recognize what you are seeing.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

Or, if you are brave, you can scab on another peice of square stock and sand IT to shape...

So sayeth the voice of laziness.

Reply to
Six_O'Clock_High

I hope you folks realize that I have never admitted to doing something that stupid before in a public forum.

To this day, I cannot understand why I did that. Work overload, I suppose. One thing I have misremembered is that the flat spot wasn't as wide as I first described it. It might have been a 1/4" or so.

The point of the confession was that you can make some pretty major mistakes - and then pay the price for making them. But it flew like a scalded cat - briefly.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger