Equation from drawing

Hello,
When dealing with technical standards, I usually have to get data from graphics instead of tables or equations. When doing that, precision is
not good, for example to interpolate a curve equation from some point coordinates.
I was wondering if after importing a graphics to autocad and redrawing its curve, and identifying the axis scales, there is a way for autocad to tell the exact coordinates of different points of the drawing. It would also be helpful if it is not possible in autocad but someone knows about other software that can do it.
Thanks.
You can find the exact coordinates of any point on a curve with the ID command; when prompted for a point, use the appropriate OSNAP (e.g., NEA) to be sure your selection lies on the curve. ___

I do this all the time to get coordinates to load into my survey instrument for setting out on the job.
Use the "point" command (inserts a point symbol at the place of your cursor).
As mentioned in the other guy's post, make sure you use a correct object snap to make sure you get the point exactly where you want it.
Format points under Format>Point Style so you can see them.
Turn on the properties window.
Click on a point you inserted, and it's coordinates will show.
You can adjust the precision with Format>Units.
You can also choose where you want 0,0 to be on your drawn object, and move it in model space so that this point is exactly at 0,0.
Also under Format>Units, you can adjust which way is north (or 0 degrees). For some reason unkown to me, default in Autocad has 0 degrees pointed to the right, and it counts up degrees counterclockwise. This can be changed. All this affects your coordinates.
GC