Blacksmith forge in 1600's would have looked how???

Hi I was wondering if anyone had done any research or would know where to look for information on how forges were built clayed etc in the 1600's i have reproduced a set of period bellows and am in need of plans and or information about forge construction in that era also it needs to be portable and simple wood metal lines etc would be doable hope this helps describe what I'm looking for.

TIA, Vaughan

Reply to
vmcdonald

This is a topic that has been discussed a number of times on the ABANA group, "theforge". Either visit qth.net for the "theforge" archives, or to subscribe, or visit ABANA.org to subscribe.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Freeman