Blacksmithing info/texts?

following link:

while the page opens, i can't get the link to the texts to open---and that's
aggrevating me this morning, as it seems there is a lot of info i really need
to read in there! I keep getting errors that the links are inactive, and also,
it won't find my Adobe Acrobat reader to open the files. Anyone have other
links to these texts?
Also, any other link for making some basic tools (tongs, things like that)?
I'm VERY new to the field, and sort of learning by the seat of my pants here.
Thanks a lot for any info
John
ps, not trying to be surly about the folks who sent the links. They look to
contain an enormous amount of info---it's just that they seem to be outdated,
or my browser settings, for whatever reason, won't let me open them! I tried
to respond to the folks via email, but got the messages bounced back too.
Reply to
Bpyboy
I know that this is not the answer to your question, because I don't have other links for them, but I had no problems getting the .pdf files to download. I am using Outlook Express 6. I followed the directions that were directly above the list of the publications about right clicking on the name of the publication, and choosing the "Save Target As" option in the menu that appears. I downloaded "The Blackmith's Manual Illustrated" and "Metals for Engineering Craftsmen". The instructions did say that some of the links took you to to other pages containing the files because of the size of some of the documents. One of these was "The Blacksmith's Craft". Once I was taken to the page that the link sent me to, I did the same thing I mentioned above with right clicking the name of the document, and it started the download process for me as well.
John
John Busby
here's all the links to the pdf. Right click and save as.

Bpyboy wrote:
mrbonaparte
You might want to try something other than Microsh*t products. I just tried it with Opera v7.54 and it seemed to save just fine.
Reply to
Serd
This page has one tongs recipe:
plus, if you follow the links at the bottom of the page, there are a collection of tong alternatives.
Reply to
Richard Sewell
Blacksmith videos at
$7 for the first and $5 each for rest of order postage included to 48 US states. "
Reply to
781
Just download 'em outright. You want to _have_ them anyway. Then open 'em with Reader.
-- Carl West snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net
Reply to
Carl West
I had no problem with that link when it was posted here before so out of curiousity I just tried it again and had no problem with downloading and reading these files about 10 minutes ago so the links are not outdated. I'm running Netscape 7.0 and Acrobat Reader 4.0.
Did you try saving the .pdf files to your hard drive and opening the files directly with Acrobat? It seems to me I had do that on the old computer the first time I went there when it was first posted,, but I didn't have to do that this time with this computer.
Bear
The first rays of dawn make the mushrooms scream. I think with careful cultivation I can make them do "Ode to Joy".
Reply to
bear