bullseye lantern?

Can't seem to find a reproduction for sale online or otherwise, so I thought maybe I'll make my own bullseye lantern with scrap metal.
Considered both a "scratchbuild", as well as cannibalizing the glass panes on a suitable pre-built lantern.
Which might be better? Has anyone constructed this kind of lantern before?
Any help or tips would be most appreciated. Considering tin sheet, as many "period" lanterns of the candle-powered variety seem to use tin, and it's not too difficult a metal for me to work with.
Thanks.