Completed very first project!

New pictures of my work (DSC00058.jpg) at my web site:

Well, after two forging sessions I've learned a lot about what NOT to do and have managed to make myself a fire rake.

It ain't pretty, but it works...for now. As I get better, I'll make another one. I think it would have been much easier had I started with a piece of stock closer to the shape I wanted; about 28" of 1/2" round stock would have been nice. :)

Thanks to all of you who have been answering my silly newbie questions. I really appreciate it. I guess the important thing to note here is that I've been beating on some iron, learning about my fire, and haven't gotten lynched by my neighbors...yet (I live in a subdivision hehe). Oh, and I'm also learning about clinkers...porous, hard, nasty, non-combustible things!

rvb

Reply to
Rick Barter

Hey.. It works and YOU made it! :-) Happyhappyjoyjoy! :-) Keep it up! Iron Ed

Reply to
Edmund W. Conen, III

I agree! I enjoyed looking at your pictures and observing the work you did. Have fun! Rick

Reply to
Rhbuxton

Well thanks for the encouragement Iron Ed and Rick. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. As I forge more I'll put more pictures up and try and make it a more enjoyable site.

rvb

Reply to
Rick Barter

Reply to
Indy

Your doing great!Experience IS the best teacher.

Reply to
Sparks Alot