Completed very first project!

New pictures of my work (DSC00058.jpg) at my web site:

Well, after two forging sessions I've learned a lot about what NOT to do
and have managed to make myself a fire rake.
It ain't pretty, but it works...for now. As I get better, I'll make
another one. I think it would have been much easier had I started with
a piece of stock closer to the shape I wanted; about 28" of 1/2" round
stock would have been nice. :)
Thanks to all of you who have been answering my silly newbie questions.
I really appreciate it. I guess the important thing to note here is
that I've been beating on some iron, learning about my fire, and haven't
gotten lynched by my neighbors...yet (I live in a subdivision hehe).
Oh, and I'm also learning about clinkers...porous, hard, nasty,
non-combustible things!
rvb
Reply to
Rick Barter
Hey.. It works and YOU made it! :-) Happyhappyjoyjoy! :-) Keep it up! Iron Ed
Reply to
Edmund W. Conen, III
I agree! I enjoyed looking at your pictures and observing the work you did. Have fun! Rick
Reply to
Rhbuxton
Well thanks for the encouragement Iron Ed and Rick. I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. As I forge more I'll put more pictures up and try and make it a more enjoyable site.
rvb
Reply to
Rick Barter
Incredible pictures! Thanks for sharing them. Awesome...keep it up, and keep posting those project pics! Indy
Reply to
Indy
Your doing great!Experience IS the best teacher.
Reply to
Sparks Alot