Sharp right-angle bends

I've been seeing a variety of 'recipes' for making a sharp right angle bend.
- A manual from the turn of the century that has us upset the area to
1.5 times bigger, then make the bend and hammer square.
- The Controlled Hand Forging series on the ABANA site that does most of the work at a 100 degree angle, going to 90 at the end. http://www.abana.org/downloads/controlled_hand_forging/CHF_14.pdf
- The Blacksmiths Journal method of pulling out the corner first to make a platform that's more in-line with the bar. http://web.archive.org/web/20041214013335/www.keenjunk.com/_bsj/200211_84-1.htm
- Francis Whitaker's method in The Blacksmith's Cookbook (p.87). He claims to manage it in one heat. I wish I could have seen that.
So far I'm a fan of the Blacksmith's Journal recipe.
How do _you_ do it?
--

Carl West
http://prospecthillforge.com : The Blacksmithing Classroom