Unluck Flux accident

Hi Guys,
I was working on the first weld of some damascus billets yesterday, had gotten to billet number 5.
Whack, molten flux goes splat, one tiny piece of molten flux went past
my ear and down the back of my overalls and under the shirt I was wearing. The flux stuck, but I was mid weld so gritted and took it. I shook in an attempt to dislodged the flux, which I did, however it proceeded to roll down my back, sticking occasionally and burning as it went.
This is just a PSA... do the top button up on your overalls when forge welding.
Regards Charles
Chilla wrote:

Chilla wrote:

OWWWWWWwwwww!!!!!
I have a scar on my chest from a hot coil shaped chip that came off a metal lathe and taught me that particular lesson.
Cheers Trevor Jones
we have a routine at work. when a steel chip goes inside your shrt, you lean forward and pul on the shirt, the chip falls to your belly and burns you there. It's best to just stop at this point, becuase nobody really wants a hot chip travelling further south.

Chilla wrote:

Buttons? What are buttons? T-shirts don't have buttons. I haven't had shirts with buttons for thirty years. The real bitch is the slag that lands on top of your head. Which hand do you use to slap at it? The one with the four pound hammer, or the one with the five pounds of yellow-hot steel? Make yourself a longer pair of tongs. You'd be surprised what a few more inches of reach will do for splatters.
Charly