Rotary phase converter: local ground or all the way to the panel?

I seem to remember using some sort of yellow paste where it was joined to other metals to prevent corrosion - Unial?
--
Stuart Winsor

From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed.
<snip>

Suggest try Ebay...

Here's how to do the aluminum connections. First, do NOT nick the strands when stripping the insulation! The nicked strands break right off. Second, wire brush the bare wire with a stainless wirebrush. Aluminum oxide, unlike copper oxide is one of the best insulators known. Third, use an antioxidant compound, Penetrox is the brand we used to use. It is conductive, so don't get it on the insulation. Fourth, tighten the setscrews firmly. Fifth, and VERY important, tighten the setscrews again the next day. Aluminum creeps, and they will often be loose by the next day. Pretty stable after that, but checking once a year or so is just smart. Finally, aluminum connections come loose if they are overloaded, because the aluminum expands a lot and squeezes out like toothpaste. So don't be a cheap ass and overload it, use the right size.
Gary H. Lucas