sherline 8-axis mill & emc2 setup

Hello All,

I'm in need of a little help. I have recently purchased Sherline 8- axis CNC Mill with the fourth A (rotary) axis. I have the mill working with emc2. However, the only way I can get the mill to work properly is to run my paths at 40% of the original feed rate.

I'm curious if anyone out there has gotten emc2 to run with the same mill without having to override the feed rate. If you have could you please share your configuration settings with me.

The stepper motors used on the mill are the Minebea-Matsushita 23KM- K035-62V No. T7X19-01. The driver box for the mill is the one that shipped with the mill and computer

These are the settings I'm using for the emc2 config: Machine info: Step Time: 6000 Step Space: 1000 Direction Hold: 24000 Direction Setup: 20000 Parport Base Address: 0x378 Latency test result: 15000

Parallel Port Setup: Pin1: ESTOP Out Pin2: X Direction Pin3: X Step Pin4: Y Direction (inverted) Pin5: Y Step Pin6: Z Direction (inverted) Pin7: Z Step Pin8: A Direction Pin9: A Step Pin10 through Pin17: Disabled Include custom PyVCP Panel: (unchecked) Include custom HAL configuration: (checked)

X Y and Z Axis Configuration Motor Steps per revolution: 200 Driver Microstepping: 4 Pulley teeth: 1:1 Leadscrew Pitch: 20 rev/in Maximum Velocity: 1 in/s Maximum Acceleration: 30 in/s2 Home location: 0 Table travel: -6 to 6

A Axis Configuration: Motor Steps per revolution: 200 Driver Microstepping: 4 Pulley teeth: 1:1 Leadscrew Pitch: 20 rev/in Maximum Velocity: 1 in/s Maximum Acceleration: 30 in/s2 Home location: 0 Table travel: -6 to 6

If anyone can help me out with this I would greatly appreciate it! As it is right now the mill is so slow it is almost unusable. Thank you in advance!

Reply to
Travis S