4...20 mA to fieldbus conversion

Hello.
I believe that connecting a good old 4...20 mA device into a field bus is quite a common problem. Do you people know of any products that make this
possible? I think this far I've seen just a few (PR Electronics' PRetrans 6350 being a one).
There could be a near future need for Profibus-DP but of course also support for other field buses could be necessary. One mA input would be enough.
Markus K.
There are some mA to Profibus converters listed under Products at
www.profibus.org
and there are some mA to DeviceNet converters listed at
www.odva.org
There are probably converters for other busses.
wrote in message

markusk_address_messed_up snipped-for-privacy@kolumbus.fi.invalid says...

Try SMAR. They have current->FF and FF->current devices. http://www.smar.com
--Gene
Hi Markus,
If you need to read 4-20mA signals (and other signals) and you still want the possibility to support other fieldbusses an I/O concept like WAGO or Beckhof offers would be a good and flexible choice.
Best regards,
Paulo Silva PROFIBUS Center Netherlands http://www.profibuscenter.com
wrote in message

Isn't it time to get of all these little, proprietary communications inventions?
Isn't is time to standardize.
Walter.

Hello Markus,
Take a look at the following products from PROCES-DATA: PD 3240 - 16 0/4 - 20 mA inputs. PD 3221 - 2 analogue inputs (0/4 - 20 mA, Pt-100), 1 analogue output. Another possibility is the new PD 640. This device has 4 individually configurable 0/4-20 mA inputs/outputs, and is one of a range of I/O modules, called the PD 600-Series. All of these modules are able to communicate on the P-NET fieldbus, which is an international standard (IEC 61158 Type 4). Please find all the technical details and price information at PROCES-DATA's website: http://www.proces-data.com
Regards Knud