compensative networks, help!

Hi everybody!

I´m desperated, crying for help with this exercise, I´ve tried many ways with no success.

Given the following system, compensate it in order to get a closed-loop damping coefficient of 0.7

The plant is

K.(s+1) G(s)= -------------------- 2 s.(s-1).(s +4s+16)

The feedback is:

H(s)= 1

The fact is that I´ve tried many ways using the root locus diagram and I couldn´t get any compensative network which leads to a two closed-loop dominant conjugated poles.

Please... help me ...

Alejandro

Reply to
Alejandro

See if this helps. I did this quickly so there aren't much in the way of comments.

assumed you meant (s^2+4*s+16). Also, if I add an integrator then the system has 6 poles. I assumed you wanted the three complex poles to be at the same place. To do this I had to add some higher order gains to the PID. You would probably need an observer to use these gains as quantizing errors will cause much grief.

Peter Nachtwey

Reply to
Peter Nachtwey