PWM Valves...Where are they??? Who makes them?

Hello.
Where on earth can I find a PWD operated proportional (?) liquid valve. I see a ton of reference to such a valve but can find no direct
reference to an actual product.. I've rambled around all the haunts and can find nothing. With such a designation.
I have a relatively simple project I'm working that would be very slick if I can make it work. I am installing h20/mthanol injection on a supercharged car. Ideally I would have complete control of the % of h20/meth to the air/fuel mixture.
This is usually done in a very imprecise manor. I happen to have a spare AIC (additional injector controller) It takes readings from all over the engine and in conjunction a user programmed "Map", calculates the precise PWM signals for the injector.
What I would like to do is drive a small proportional/ "pwm valve" for the water injection. I can find none. It would need to do no more than a $50 fuel injector. (& why wouldn't a fuel injector work...corrosion?)
So where are these PMW valves?
Thanks in advance
PK
Not: the injectors run at 300 HZ to 15,000 HZ, my h20 injection works with 100psi at 12 v. Not sure of the fuel injector voltage input.
PK5 wrote:

I was about to post a link to Aura Systems Inc but on checking I find that they have ceased to do business in that line (concentrating instead on the Auragen product lines). They did a very nice electromagnetic valve that could operate at high rates in engine environments with a range of feed fluids. So, sorry, no other link to offer at this time unless you know someone from Aura and can buy that technology from them. You might not like the price tag though.
Paul E. Bennett...............<email://Paul snipped-for-privacy@topmail.co.uk>

Well thanks just the same.
PK
PK5 wrote:

PWM is a low-dissipation way to modulate a current, in this case, the current that actuates a valve. You want a valve that regulates flow in proportion to its control current, and then use a PWM driver (or a mag amp or an Amplidyne for all the valve cares) to control it.
Jerry

So what you saying is know-one makes an all in one PWM proportionally controlled valve. Certainly my research validates that, but I'm befuddled as to why. I've seen 2 for my specific application but they seemed ridiculously over priced when compared to a simple fuel injector (which I believe is a PWM of sorts).
People on forums talk about them ("PWM valve") in such an offhand way, I just figured I could go out and find off the shelf PWM/proportional valve and cob something together for much less.
Here's what's out there for my specific to my app.
http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/aquamist-high-speed-stainless-inline-valve-universal-p-22642.html
http://coolingmist.com/detailmain.aspx?pid=S-HSV
The former resembles thin I've seem on online catalogues. The latter just looks like a small custom manifold with 2 tiney solenoids
Anyway thanks for the reply.
PK
PK5 wrote:

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/aquamist-high-speed-stainless-inline-valve-universal-p-22642.html
Don't take my word too seriously. I'm not current in the field.
Jerry

proclaimed to the world:

Some anti lock break systems us PWM valves. Perhaps you can find something to strip one off of.
I also do not understand why a fuel injector would not work. Have you tried one?
On Jan 20, 3:32 pm, Paul M <PaulMatWiredogdotcom> wrote:

Hi,
No I haven't tried a plain old fuel injector and I wonder why no one else has...buying instead a $180-$280 specialized valve setup. In my case it (fuel injector) would work fine, as my plan is to drive, whatever I come up with, a spare AIC (Auxiliary injector controller). In addition, I can pick an injector of the exact flow I need (350cc/ min.) then map it flow precisely based on engine conditions (AIC)
The only thing I can think of and it's a biggy; corrosion. I'm guessing because a standard injector is never going to see water and as such isn't desesigned for it. What I need is probably going to be stainless.
Thanks for the input.
PK

This type of application is being handled today through controlling the injection pump, rather the injector itself. I'm guessing you have heard of Snow Performance products. They use a PWM control system of the fluid pump motor based on boost pressure, or MAF voltage to ramp up the fluid flow as engine needs increase. (http:// www.snowperformance.net/)
I would think this is a much simpler system then trying to use flow control on a valve and allows you to just use a simple spray nozzle as an injector. You should be able to find PWM motor controller circuits pretty easily that you could build yourself.
Regarding corrosion of methanol. While corrosive to light metals by itself, when mixed with water, the corrosion properties of methanol are significantly reduced if not eliminated. From part2 of the GAS Faq
Most stories of corrosion etc, are derived from anhydrous methanol corrosion of light metals (aluminum, magnesium), however the addition of either 0.5% water to pure methanol, or corrosion inhibitors to methanol-gasoline blends will prevent this.