3 Phase KVA Calculation Question

Hi All!
Just want to confirm if my calculations are correct using the following example:
3 pole mounted 100KVA Transformers connected 3 phase ... is the total KVA
output capacity of this bank of transformers 173KVA??
TIA
Fred
No - It's 300 kVA

On 8/22/07 1:54 PM, in article vo1zi.82498$rX4.11530@pd7urf2no, "Fearless

You would get a better answer if you posted in complete and grammatical sentences.
Three 100kVA transformers will give you a total capability of 300kVA. To get that however, each transformer has to be run at its rated voltage and current. It is possible to do something stupid that will result in overheated transformers before they actually deliver rated kVA.
Bill
--
Iraq: About three Virginia Techs a month

Sorry about that ... will rephrase...
If I have 3 - 100KVA - 4160/480V single phase transformers connected in wye on the primary and wye on the secondary what is the total KVA capacity of the bank?
TIA
Fred

----------------- 300KVA. If the line to line voltage is 7200V on the HV and 831V on the LV which is a bit oddball. I assume grounded neutrals on both sides. I would expect a more common (and technically superior) connection would be 7200Y/480 delta (line to line voltage in each case) -still 300KVA. As long as each transformer is at rated voltage and current- it's capacity is 300KVA

remove the X to answer
Sorry about that ... I will rephrase ...
If three 100KVA single phase 4160/480V transformers are connected via a wye connection, what is the approximate total KVA output of the bank?
Thanks
Fred

Actually Don the connection I believe is wye-delta 4160/600V. May also be delta/delta haven't gotten to the pole mounts yet for a look.
Thanks for the feedback.
Fred