3 pin relays seem useless, am I right ?

Since the input +ve voltage will be shared by controller * circuit & output pin, then input has enough ampere to satisfy the load. Then why not just c onnect input directly to the load ? This will save the ampere used by the * i.e. less heat ( esp for hot climate ) & more amps for e.g. spark plugs / starter motor, less cost & weight too.

Reply to
pbx5619

Show us a circuit so we might get a glimmer of what you are on about !!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Google usenet does not let me post any diagram. Now in Msia, no ISP has a nntp server. Youtube has a video ( listed by Yahoo, when I searched for 3 pin relay )with diagrams of 5, 4 & 3 pin relays.

Reply to
pbx5619

The wiring for any controlling switch, and the switch itself, will have to be rated for the load current if you don't use a relay. More copper, size and safety risk for these parts.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

There''s Dropbox for one. What do you mean by "3 pin"??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

If you think of the relay like a transistor in "emitter follower" it makes perfect sense.

Reply to
gfretwell