Round Weatherproof Electrical Wiring Box With More Than Two Fasteners to Wall?

There is a round, weatherproof electrical box that is a standard in the US, and many electrical product manufacturers supply them. Does anyone make one of these that has positions for four screws on the 0, 90, 180, and 270 degree positions on the round box? All of the units I have seen have screws in only two positions. If you need to mount the box on the low part of a beam you can leave the bottom part of the box exposed and not flush to any material. It would be nice in such cases to have an additional place you could use a wood screw, to keep the box securely on the place it is mounted.

There are dimples in the bottom of the box to guide a drill and let you run screws from inside the box. I prefer that to the ears anyway.

Reply to
gfretwell

Here is a very typical round unit on Amazon:

I don't see any holes in the bottom, and wouldn't that defeat part of the function of the product, which is to protect the wires from the elements?

These are just supposed to be rain tight, they are not really water proof. When you pull those screws up tight, they seal as well as any of the other entries..

Reply to
gfretwell

Can anyone point me to a round weatherproof unit that has screw holes through the back plate as he described?

You drill them where the dimples are

Reply to
gfretwell