Continuity checker-where to buy

I have a continuity checker which consists of a lamp, a battery, a crocodile clip and a sharp pointer which can detect a break in the line with no voltage in the circuit. I have had mine for years but cannot trace where I bought it. I want to buy one for a friend who is a model railway enthusiast and it would be very helpful to him to be able to detect which rail is faulty in a large circuit with numerous rails joined together. Any suggestions? Blair

Reply to
Blair

Would be a help if we knew what part of the world you were from.

Teddy Rubberford..

Reply to
Ted Rubberford

very cheap ohmmeters seem to be available at most hardware and auto parts stores.

or you could run a couple wires from most any flashlight.

you could be the envy of the club if you picked up a nice used Fluke DMM at a pawn shop :)

Reply to
TimPerry

Harbor Freight has a VOM on sale for $2.99

It can be used to look for very low resistance in place of the continuity checker, and can also measure voltage, current and higher resistances.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

I live in Pitlochry,Perthshire, Scotland Blair

Reply to
Blair