Current-Limiting SSR

I'm looking for a current-limiting SSR for switching single-phase AC. Another engineer told me that he used one a couple years back but cannot remember the manufacturer. Apparently the series has parts ranging from 5A to 25A continuous and performs active current-limiting for inrush (and post-inrush). It won't draw more than the rated current and will chop the waveform as needed to perform the active limiting.

Has anyone heard of such a unit?

Thanks,

Dan

Reply to
DanG2015

Actually, by definition a SSR would not be capable of current limiting since it would just be an On-Off device. However, the type of device you are referring to is called a Phase Angle Power Controller, differing from a SSR in that it can continuously limit the current output by phasing back the SCR firing angle. Try Phasetronics in Florida.

Not much on the website besides contact information but they have always been helpfull.

Reply to
Bob