DC motor / german-english translation

Hello, I have a construction with two electromagnetic fields. The first/outside-field accelerate permanently the second/inside-field, to
speed of the inside field rise... until it destroys itself, the construction implodes. But that`s not the topic.
I have a series-wound DC motor without load/resistance..Or. I have a series-wound DC-motor and the brake breaks.. ....the motor destroys itself...explosion...
In germany we say: (Reihenschluss- Gleichstrommotor) Der Motor kann durchgehen. DER MOTOR GEHT DURCH.
1.:Question: Is there a english phrase for that effect? (The horses go through???)
2. Have someone video`s/pictures of a destroyed very large DC-motors???

One description is "Motor runaway", no doubt there is a more technical term which should be forthcoming soon :-)
--
Cheers .......... Rheilly P