Need a drill to stop if it hits conduit and/or something to detect conduit in the walls.

We have a hilti drill that has the ability to stop if it hits conduit, but it's huge. Does anybody know of any smaller drills that have the
ability to stop if it hits conduit or any other metal.
Also, does anybody know of a device to detect conduit in walls. A rebar detector works but I would like something that is specfically for wires and conduit.
Thanks in advance.
Gave us:

Cable installers that do what is known as "post wire" have to pay about $3000 deposit to their contractor (over time), and they ever hit a water pipe, it covers the flood damage.
Standard 12 plex apt buildings six on each side with stair/foyer in the middle ALL have water pipes running between the lower floor apt window, and the stairwell. Well... it seems like ALL of them do anyway.
NO, there is no way to tell except pulling the drill right after each "layer" gets breached and look inside with a light, OR place a light in the wall at the outlet location and look through the drill hole.
You could xray it too. :-]
I don't know if anyone actually market it but I would be easy to design something that would shut of power if the drill hits a "grounded" object.
Since it would be easy, I suspect the "someone" has already done in.

They have: http://www.drillcogroup.com/stopbox.html
Ben Miller
--
Benjamin D. Miller, PE
B. MILLER ENGINEERING

I note that it "protects" against hitting live wires.
But the description says it "switches" up to 110 amps to ground.
Why "switch?"
You can detect hitting grounded metal by borrowing a page from the GFCI design book. Just inject a common mode "test" signal onto the cable powering the drill.
Anyway, thanks for the link.
jlg
On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:01:37 -0500, "John Gilmer"

That would also allow a positive result for a hit on a grounded water pipe as well.
Nothing beats a good set of house plans though. ;-]
message

There's nothing like a good set of plans... and these are nothing like them. |-(
Just make sure that the conduit you drill is the one supplying your drill motor. It is sure to shut off when you pierce it and short the conductors!!