Floor boxes/fire codes

According to the NEC:
"Openings around electrical penetrations through fire-resistant-rated walls, partitions, floors, or ceilings shall be firestopped using
approved methods to maintain the fire resistance rating."
So, I'm sitting at a table in a coffee shop in a brand new office building and I see a convenient floor receptacle in which to plug my laptop. The receptacle is one of those combination power, phone, network, etc. units. I flip open open one of the covers and find that it is for a telephone or LAN outlet which hasn't yet been installed. I found myself staring straight into the parking garage below.
In my experience, a rated floor has always been required between a parking garage and other occupancies. So, how to they get away with not even putting a metal box behind the (plastic) cover?

I think floor assemblies between storeys typically have some fire rating, not just above e.g. parkades. Sounds to me like one the inspector didn't see on his trip through.
You have yourself a lawsuit. CHA-CHING!

Nobody wrote:

Well maybe for the top post. ;-)
But not for the code violation unless I suffer some sort of loss. That's the job of our state dept. of labor and industries. They have their hands full keeping construction cranes from falling down around here. :-/