Need Diode replacement or equivalent

Hello,

I have blown a diode in an old function generator and need to replace it. The circuit board indicates that it was a zener diode, but I don't know what the breakdown voltage was.

The diode has the part number "2 2B2" or "2 282" (It's hard to read) but I haven't been able to find the specifications anywhere. The diode is in a DO-35 package.

Has anyone come across this part or know of a replacement?

Thanks.

-Matt

Reply to
Matthew Crema

There are broker services that will help you - but that would probably be too expensive.

Do you have schematics anywhere? Know who made the function generator?

You need the reverse breakdown voltage rating. did you check out

?

Reply to
Unemployed EE Guy

Hi,

The function generator is a Tektronix CFG253. I called them this morning, and left a message, but they haven't called back yet.

I had another function generator of the same model and I extracted the diode in question. It appears to break down at about 1.5 Volts.

I checked out Digi-Key and others, but a search by the part number doesn't obtain any results, and they don't supply any zener diodes with breakdown voltages this low.

I made a temporary fix that seems to do the trick. It is a parallel combination of 1 signal diode from ground with two signal diodes in series to ground. I'm calling this a "~1.2V zener diode", but I'd like to get a replacement part anyway, so I'm going to keep searching.

Thanks for the quick response.

-Matt

Unemployed EE Guy wrote:

Reply to
Matthew Crema

An old Archer book says that a 2B2 is a 276-1114, 1000V, 2.5A General Purpose type.

Reply to
Dick

These guys may be able to help you out too.

Garden Gnome