Onan OTPC ATS voltage conversion

I have converted an Onan 400 Amp 480V OTPC to 240V single phase (my residence). The actuator motor is a 208V (don't know wattage) single
phase and it is struggling to make the contacts upon transfer. It switches from neutral position back to utility with no problem (fast). Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I was wondering if adding another capacitor would do the trick or if I need a 240 volt motor??
Thanks
Would this be a 'change over switch' connected to a generator?
Newsey

Newsey,
This is an automatic transfer switch. I have remedied the problem (today) bt changing the 50 - 80 mfd capacitor to a 280 - 320 mfd capacitor. The actuator motor now has enough "uuumph" to slam the contactors closed.
Glad you've fixed it, That wasn't the area I was going to focus on though. I was going to suggest that the generator was at fault (voltage or frequency).
Is the actuator motor an induction motor? Cos in the UK most "spring charging" motors are "universal motors" (slipring).
I'm a little shy of the Onan North American switchgear due to nasty pre-predicted incident. We had one "slow close" whilst synchronising onto a 2MA low voltage transformer resulting in a very pretty 'plasma cloud' display as the contact tips vaporised!
Newsey