Sangamo meter verification

Wondering if someone here has information regarding the following meter so I can verify or calibrate it. Can't seem to google out a manufacturers
manual.
Sangamo 100 Amp kWh meter Rr 27-7/9 CL200 240V 3W Type J5S 30TA 7.2Kh
Chuck Jensen

What do you plan on using to test it? You need either a watt hour meter tester (such as the 5800 from www.utec.com) or a meter standard.
You have a 100 amp meter. My references are at the office, but I believe it is a form 5S (s meaning socket). The form 5 is a meter that can be used on 3 wire single phase services or on 3 wire delta services. 30TA indicates the full load test amps as specified in ANSI C12.X standards. The meter is a 100 amp meter (CL200 means it is actually accurate up to 200 amps) but the test amps are 30 amps. Rr 27-7/9 is the registration ratio and you don't really care.
This is not the kind of thing that you can test with a multimeter.
Charles Perry P.E.

so
it
on
standards.
200
I got this meter from GAIAM Renewable Energy Catalog. It's supposedly a used meter that has been zeroed and re-calibrated by Hialeah Meter Co. My use for it is to monitor 240v loads such as water heater and 240/120v hot tub. By calibrate/verify I mean determine if a boogie factor is needed. I hope to do this by using the Watt-hour constant [Kh] and formula P 3600*Kh*Revolutions/Tsec and comparing that to perhaps 1800VA load with a Kill-A-Watt or maybe a 6000VA load (6000W tub heater) with a clamp-on meter. Is this idea a reasonable way to determine if the meter is giving me fairly accurate information or if it's whacked? P.S.- the vendor sells this as a 100 amp meter but there is no label on the meter that states and amperage rating. Chuck

The meter should be much more accurate than your Kill-A-Watt or clamp on meter. But yes, you could find out if it is working that way.
Charles Perry P.E.

meter
believe
Hialeah is a very reputable company, so if the meter has a Hialeah cal sticker on it and it hasn't been "bounced" too hard by UPS, it should be quite accurate.

meter.
fairly
the