Sigle phase used on three phase motor

I have been working on a three phase machine that is connected to a single phase supply. What power characteristics should i expect to encounter?
Now I'm getting 230v - 128v - 120v and amperage is 5.5A - 29A - 31A. Is this normal?
| [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, 6 lines --] | | I have been working on a three phase machine that is connected to a single phase supply. What power characteristics should i expect to encounter? | | Now I'm getting 230v - 128v - 120v and amperage is 5.5A - 29A - 31A. Is this normal?
It's about what I'd expect when connecting things wrongly like this. Don't expect the machine to function without eventual damage.
Get a rotary phase converter that can add a high leg at 90 degrees.

You can use a speed drive instead of rotary. Get a VFD rated for at least double the motor hp or ampere rating. Assuming the single phase is line-to-line (not line-to-neutral) and is the correct voltage.

Keep juggling the capacitor size, you should be able to do better that that at any specific load. The problem is it won't track a varying load well. I played with this back in the olden days when I had lots of old 3p motors I was willing to kill, It sort of works for pumps and such that have a fairly constant load.
That's exactly my problem, when the load is constant it seems to work well (with the mentioned readings), it's when the extra load comes on that the motor locks completely.

I have been working on a three phase machine that is connected to a single phase supply. What power characteristics should i expect to encounter?
Now I'm getting 230v - 128v - 120v and amperage is 5.5A - 29A - 31A. Is this normal?
No. That is not normal. It is normal to operate a three phase motor on three phase power. Your motor may quickly get destroyed and maybe even catch fire. This installation and your activities are likely in violation of some regulations.