Toroidal transformer

Hi.

I have a 12v to 240v inverter that I built from kit form which uses a 300va toroidal transformer.

I wish to know if I can connect 2 x 300va toroidal transformers together in parallel to obtain a total of 600va.

Thank You.

Reply to
Joe Bugeja

No because:

a) the drive circuitry almost certainly won't have been designed with that in mind and won't be able to supply the current.

b) the two transformers would have to have been designed to be used as an exactly matched pair -- if they have very slightly different turns ratio, this could cause a large current to flow between them. (This is only an issue if you also parallel up the secondaries, it doesn't apply if they are used as separate supplies for different appliances and not connected together.)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

even when you copy the complete circuit an connect it parallel up (input and output)

there is still a change (99%) that you blow them both up (due to inbalance of the equipment)! unless the manufacurer tells you (ON PAPER) that you can do so.

ever callculated the current in the pri site with full load on the sec??

300VA = 25Amp on the DC side (and that is the minimum amperage)

"Andrew Gabriel" schreef in bericht news:bu0sh5$o2p$ snipped-for-privacy@new-usenet.uk.sun.com...

Reply to
cuno