UL dielectric testing.

Hello,

I am working on a unit which takes upto 277VAC. It is failing the AC to GND dielectric testing at about 700V. It also fails the dielectric testing between low voltage input ( sensor inputs ) and the load outputs at about 400V. Can anyone suggest how to design effeciently for dielectric testing ?

Thanks,

Sandeep

Reply to
sandeepbabel

Nobody can tell you why it failed without knowing what the components and circuit are. You should hire a consultant to evaluate the design and recommend appropriate changes.

Ben Miller

Ben Miller

Usually, it is related to two widley separated (electrically) nodes being too close (physically) to each other.

I know that is very simplified, but that is what usually happens.

Reply to
The Great Attractor

It can be clearance distances through air, creepage distances along a surface, or leakage current (for any number of reasons). Any of these things can be within the final product, or in a component of the product. It could also be test procedure error, especially in light of his mention of testing between sensor inputs and load outputs. We have absolutely no information about the product, and there are far too many possibilities to speculate.

Ben Miller

Ben Miller

It can be clearance distances through air, creepage distances along a surface, or leakage current (for any number of reasons). Any of these things can be within the final product, or in a component of the product. It could also be test procedure error, especially in light of his mention of testing between sensor inputs and load outputs.

We have absolutely no information about the product, and there are far too many possibilities to speculate.

Ben Miller

Ben Miller

Is there some reason that you had to post it twice?

Reply to
The Great Attractor

I didn't "have" to. Thunderbird said it didn't go through, so I posted again. S*#t happens.

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller

who is Thunderbird?

Reply to
Danny

A Mail and news reader from Mozilla. It is a companion to Mozilla's Firefox browser. Both programs beat the pants off of Microsoft's.

Ben Miller

Reply to
Ben Miller

Agreed that anything that gives Bill, back the finger that he has given us, is good....BUT I'd hardly say Mozilla "beats the pants off" MS. Both have certain faults and although the faults are not the same one compared to the other, on average they do come out about even. Hence, being reason enough to go with Mozilla just to stick it to Bill.

Reply to
Benj

Those damned piss poor news clients! You try smoking them out... you try scrubbing them out, and still... dirty stains.

Reply to
The Great Attractor