Water Heater problem

Finally figured out why tenant complained that water would turn cold half thru a shower or bath. I turned temp up on top element and I could hear the sizzling, Did same on lower and could hear te sizzling. Turned off breaker as so can remove wires to do Ohm check..Elements ok..put wires back on turn on breaker and NO sizzle from lower element..then one of the double breakers made a arcing noise..so I replaed the breaker...all ok now.. Howie

Reply to
H. Sharrott

Tell us tomorrow what you did to fix it again Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:32:16 GMT (DaveB) wrote: | On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:55:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (H. Sharrott) | wrote: | |>Finally figured out why tenant complained that water would turn cold |>half thru a shower or bath. I turned temp up on top element and I could |>hear the sizzling, Did same on lower and could hear te sizzling. Turned |>off breaker as so can remove wires to do Ohm check..Elements ok..put |>wires back on turn on breaker and NO sizzle from lower element..then one |>of the double breakers made a arcing noise..so I replaed the |>breaker...all ok now.. Howie |>

| Tell us tomorrow what you did to fix it again

He replaced the breaker. Apparently it was loose. The sizzle sound in the water heater elements was likel the result of the rough waveform as a result of the loose connection at the breaker. He probably didn't even need to replace anything; just reseat the breaker.

Reply to
phil-news-nospam

Ah, I missed the point thanks Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

H. Sharrott schrieb:

Thats what i call real engineering spirit...

UP

Reply to
Udo Piechottka

Arcing noise? Engineering spirit? I suppose, but I always pictured the engineering spirit more like a Genie coming out of a bottle, or more appropriately, electronics. ;-)

Reply to
krw