Water Heater problem

Finally figured out why tenant complained that water would turn cold half thru a shower or bath. I turned temp up on top element and I could
hear the sizzling, Did same on lower and could hear te sizzling. Turned off breaker as so can remove wires to do Ohm check..Elements ok..put wires back on turn on breaker and NO sizzle from lower element..then one of the double breakers made a arcing noise..so I replaed the breaker...all ok now.. Howie
On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:55:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (H. Sharrott) wrote:

Tell us tomorrow what you did to fix it again Daveb
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 01:32:16 GMT (DaveB) wrote: | On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 16:55:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (H. Sharrott) | wrote: | |>Finally figured out why tenant complained that water would turn cold |>half thru a shower or bath. I turned temp up on top element and I could |>hear the sizzling, Did same on lower and could hear te sizzling. Turned |>off breaker as so can remove wires to do Ohm check..Elements ok..put |>wires back on turn on breaker and NO sizzle from lower element..then one |>of the double breakers made a arcing noise..so I replaed the |>breaker...all ok now.. Howie |> | Tell us tomorrow what you did to fix it again
He replaced the breaker. Apparently it was loose. The sizzle sound in the water heater elements was likel the result of the rough waveform as a result of the loose connection at the breaker. He probably didn't even need to replace anything; just reseat the breaker.
On 27 Dec 2007 19:00:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ipal.net wrote:

Ah, I missed the point thanks Daveb
H. Sharrott schrieb:

Thats what i call real engineering spirit...
UP
alt.engineering.electrical, snipped-for-privacy@t-online.de says...

Arcing noise? Engineering spirit? I suppose, but I always pictured the engineering spirit more like a Genie coming out of a bottle, or more appropriately, electronics. ;-)
--
Keith