Water Heater problem

Finally figured out why tenant complained that water would turn cold
half thru a shower or bath. I turned temp up on top element and I could
hear the sizzling, Did same on lower and could hear te sizzling. Turned
off breaker as so can remove wires to do Ohm check..Elements ok..put
wires back on turn on breaker and NO sizzle from lower element..then one
of the double breakers made a arcing noise..so I replaed the
breaker...all ok now.. Howie
Reply to
H. Sharrott
Tell us tomorrow what you did to fix it again Daveb
Reply to
Anonymous
He replaced the breaker. Apparently it was loose. The sizzle sound in the water heater elements was likel the result of the rough waveform as a result of the loose connection at the breaker. He probably didn't even need to replace anything; just reseat the breaker.
Reply to
phil-news-nospam
Ah, I missed the point thanks Daveb
Reply to
Anonymous
H. Sharrott schrieb:
Thats what i call real engineering spirit...
UP
Reply to
Udo Piechottka
In article , alt.eng> H. Sharrott schrieb:
Arcing noise? Engineering spirit? I suppose, but I always pictured the engineering spirit more like a Genie coming out of a bottle, or more appropriately, electronics. ;-)
Reply to
krw