Lego Makes Top 10 In List of Most Popular Toys for Boys

Didn't make the top 10 for girls though.

Xbox was also there - I guess there are more games available for kids now - even one Lego title:

Neb Okla

"10. Lego" Wow, that's descriptive!

10:1 they mean Bionicle.

Did you see the list for the Worst 10 toys? The Ninja Turtles were on there. Apparently Mikey's Nunchucks are blunt objects. Wow! Big surprise! It's a TOY WEAPON. *sigh*

Reply to
M3wThr33

Yeah, the other day I saw some toy trucks (in my day they would have been plastic or metal) and the entire chassis was made of molded foam!

They looked like normal toy trucks, except when you grabbed them, they were squishy on top. What worthless concept.

My favorite non-Lego toy growing up was a die-cast metal backhoe. Sure I pinched my fingers in it's mechanisms a few times, but you could play with it in the dirt, and it had working steering.

Now I'm sure that the foam trucks are meant for very small children, but even with reasonable precautions, kids will find a way to hurt themselves on the most harmless things. Eventually you have to learn not to be a clumsy oaf.

Once my little brother hurt himself on a Duplo brick! He left it on the floor by his bed, and rolled out in the night and landed on it. It left a really cool 8-stud Duplo bruise. I don't think it left any permanent marks though.

Anyway, I'll bet you're right about the Bionicle. I'll probably try to rent the Xbox game just to see what it's like. I'd be more interested in a Lego Racers game or something. A space themed game would be cool - especially if it were classic space.

Reply to
Neb Okla

remember when hot wheels and matchbox cars were all die cast metal? do you remember when the hot wheels wheels were made so good that you could push the car straight across the entire kitchen floor? now, theyre plastic pieces of junk. thank the chinese and a cheap american public.

thats exactly what theproblem with the world is today... a lack of responsibility for ones own actions.

if someone builds a lego morning star and whips it at his brother, cutting his lip, lego gets sued. thats the world we live in today.

Reply to
Frmthgrav

Matchbox cars were always better when I was a kid. More detail, more interesting models, etc. I think they were bought by Mattel.

The only Hot Wheels things I liked were the "Hot Wheels Railroad" sets.

Hence, the story of the Lego pirate cannon. I forget if someone claimed a child choked (on a Lego piece with a hole in the center?!?) or if someone had an eye put out.

Someone told me you're not allowed to have firing cannons on any toys in America now as a result, but I see them all the time, so it must be an internal Lego decision.

They need an "Adults Only" section that sells firing cannons and MindStorms flamethrower attachments and such.

Reply to
Neb Okla

"Neb Okla" wrote in news:mtrvb.18584$ snipped-for-privacy@fe2.columbus.rr.com:

Awesome! We're making the world a safer place every day for negligent parents!

Reply to
M3wThr33

How so?

Reply to
Neb Okla

Reply to
Brandon J. Van Every

In my childhood, sometime in the late 70's, it was not Lego but the Battlestar Galactica toysets that caused a fatality. One of those little red spring-loaded rockets shot directly into some kid's mouth, he choked, and died. Consequently small firing parts were outlawed, and that was a good decision. Can't remember if the law extended to *any* firing part, that would be a bad decision. I remember feeling lucky / priveledged to have Microbot toys with big spring loaded armaments previous to that law. Of course, those projectiles were so big I doubt it's possible to choke on them, barring "the direct hit that destroys the station!"

A marketing non-starter. Really, an adults-only section in a children's toy store, nobody would pay for that use of retail space, or enforcement. Can't adults just go to hardware stores and buy real flamethrower parts anyways?

Reply to
Brandon J. Van Every