Reintroducing "Jacob's LEGO"

My web server has been off-line for a while, I have only just got access to "rec.toys.lego" recently, and the primary URL of my LEGO
web-site has changed, so I would like to remind everybody of (read: show off ;-) "Jacob's LEGO":
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/
Recent additions to the site includes:
+ Square Ghost Cafe: http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/Huse/Tre_hjoernehuse/
+ Litir: http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/Huse/Litir/
+ A4 sized posters featuring some of my models: http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Plakater/
+ Photos from the LEGO collection of the toy museum at Valdemar Slot: http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Om_LEGO/Valdemar_Slot/
Play well,
Jacob
--
Minifig scale animals:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Dyr/

Forced download. Don't click!
says...

Add ".htm" to the downloaded file name and you will be able to view the web page.
Wouter wrote:

Forced download how?
Play well,
Jacob
--
The LDraw FAQ:
http://www.ldraw.org/community/memorial/archive/FAQ /

Wouter wrote:
[ please don't top-post ]

I think I have found the explanation. It seems to be a combination of errors in MSIE [a], a stupid configuration of my web-server [b], and that my spell-checker leaves a back-up copy of the checked file [c].
[a] It looks like MSIE doesn't tell web-servers which formats it prefers. This effectively means that web-servers are told that you will be just as happy with a document of type "application/x-trash" as with one of type "text/html", which of course isn't true, since you certainly will be more happy with formats which your installed programs can read.
[b] My web-server is configured to consider all document types equally useful. Since equally useful document types apparently are prioritized in alphabetical order, a document of type "application/x-trash" will be chosen before one of type "text/html".
[c] The document type of the back-up copies from my spell-checker are of type "application/x-trash".

Apparently because I haven't spell-checked any other files on the web-site.
Now I've fixed [b] above, so the quality for a document of type "text/html" is considered to be 100 times higher than that of a document of type "application/x-trash". Hopefully that's enough to make MSIE appreciate the site, even if I occasionally spell-check some of the pages.

It was - as you can see - slightly more complicated than that, but thanks for motivating me to fix the problem at my end of the line.
Play well,
Jacob
--
Square Ghost Cafe - a new cafe in town:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/Huse/Tre_hjoernehuse /

Wouter wrote:

??? Which browser are you using? Or do you have some special settings in Windows?
I click on the link and it opens a web page in FireFox just like any other link. The same happens with IE6.
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD: http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm

:) so as an end user of webpages you prefer the browser that does not try to display grappy coded websites. Strange choice in my opinion :)
Of cause I prefer FireFox as web develloper, more features etc. And for browsing my most favorite sites (I really like to be googleBot ... and adless). But to brows regular sites, MSIE does show the frontpage websites mostly the way the user did intend to built it. :-D
Wow, way off topic. And it seemed the webserver did make strange choices in this case ... so all is inrelavant :-p
:)
the way I see it is..if it doesn't display properly to a normal browser then the user needs to take a few small lessons in website designs.
thats all I got to say ;)
p.s=in something sorta of a metaphor to me...IE with poor webcodes is like driving a car on the highway with loose dashboard and poor seats etc...anyhow guess thats me ranting again hehee

Those are very nice models.
However, one of the above links is not working properly. When I visit the Square Ghost Cafe:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/Huse/Tre_hjoernehuse /
a file named "Tre_hjoernehuse" is downloaded. When I add ".htm" to the file name, it displays as a web page. I suspect some sort of correction to the file name on your web site is needed.
Ken Rice wrote:

Now that problem should be solved. It was due to an inconvenient combination of errors, which now has been fixed (partially; I can't correct errors in MS software).
Play well,
Jacob
--
LEGO furniture:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/By/M%F8bler /

Well.. if a client says: "just send me what you think is best ..." and you send trash ;-) LOL
I would also like to announce a new website that has been set up. http://brickcollection.com It would be great if you guys would check it out and also add information on any sets that you know about, and help make the collection alot bigger.
BrickMaster wrote:

Are you aware that the rendering is completely broken in IE6?
http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/stuff/temp/brickcollection.png
--
Dean Earley ( snipped-for-privacy@icode.co.uk)
i-Catcher Development Team

Are you aware of the set inventories at Peeron (<http://www.peeron.com/ )? It looks a little bit like you're duplicating that project.
Play well,
Jacob
--
Bregnerod Transit Authority - Moving mini-figs:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/BTA /

My Website: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~jenniew/anwn/index.htm
Anthony wrote:
[ please don't top-post ]

Yes. I've always done that for LEGO related stuff.

I've both read it and discussed it with one of the lawyers at LEGO HQ once upon a time.

That URL is dead.

Since the domain name is "jacob-sparre.dk" (and doesn't contain a known LEGO trademark), I don't consider myself to be doing something LEGO has requested that I don't do. Play well,
Jacob
--
Experimental parallel cable-stayed bridge:
http://lego.jacob-sparre.dk/Transport/Broer/Skr%E5stagsbro-parallel /