#5 Plastic Recycling

I have a lot of household plastic containers marked #5 that I want to recycle. Only #1 and #2 items are recycled curbside here. I found a local business that claims to recycle #5 but they won?t accept my items claiming that household #5 items have many different chemistries and therefore are not suitable for mixing with the #5 they process. Is there any truth to this.? There are many businesses producing plastic parts in this area and the company I spoke to caters to the scrap plastic that they produce. Common sense tells me #5 is #5 no matter what form it?s in. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Kirkster