Mueller matrix of optical elements rotated by some angle

Hey All,
I have an optical element (it is a piece of anisotropic material). Light is incident on it obliquely. I know its Muller matrix when the
light is incident on it at a particular azimuthal and oblique angle. I want to know the Muller matrix at same oblique angle but different azimuth angle. I was wondering, how can one go about doing it and if the following equation is true
M new= R(-theta) M R(theta)
where R(theta) is a rotation matrix rotating with angle theta and M is the original Muller matrix.
Any input, or pointer to a reference will be useful. Thank for your help in advance.
Nutan